- Last Updated: Monday, 19 October 2015 09:17
The Collections at Qatar University’s Library support the growing number of academic programs at the University. The Library liaises work with college departments to develop subject collections that support research and the curriculum. New titles are added to the collection daily. Come to the Library to browse our collections and New Arrivals.
Our Library e-resources include thousands of e-books and e-journals, with a large number of subscriptions to numerous databases. The e-resources are available for immediate access to the University’s students and faculty anywhere, and they assist library users with disabilities and/or physical limitations by allowing for an easily accessible, sizeable library at our users' disposal.
Library Physical Collection
We house more than 280,000 volumes in our physical collection, with books in various languages available. The Physical Collections for male and female students are housed on separate floors. The Library provides retrieval services between these collections. Arabic, English, and all other available language books are interfiled together on the shelves using the Library of Congress Classification System.
Search the Library Catalogue to find books, e-books, DVDs, and more.
Our physical collections include:
- Reference Collection – contains a collection of encyclopedias, multi-lingual dictionaries, bibliographies, reference materials and more. It is located on the Ground Floor, Room # 123.
- Qatarna – contains a collection of books about Qatar. It is located on the Ground Floor, Room # 128.
- Multimedia Collection – contains a small but growing collection of DVDs to support the curriculum as well as selected titles of general interest. It is located on the Ground Floor, Room # 101.
- Journal Collection – subscribes to a limited number of print titles. It is located on the Ground Floor, Room # 128. To search for an English language journal title owned by QU in print or electronic format, use the A-Z Journalist; for Arabic titles, consult the Library Catalogue.
- English Language Collection – contains a collection of Graded Readers and other items to assist the student in learning English.
- American Resources Center – highlights American culture and education through books, DVDs, brochures, and pamphlets. It is located on the first and second floors, Rooms # 253 and 354.
- Thesis Collection – contains a collection of print dissertations and theses in English and Arabic. It is located on the Ground Floor, Room # 127. Connect to our e-resources page to search for dissertations and theses online.
- Special Collections- The Special Collections Room houses rare books, periodicals and manuscripts. It is located on the Ground Floor, Room #123.
Gifts and Donations
The Library reserves the right to accept or reject gifts. The Library also reserves the right to determine the final disposition of gift material. Duplicate or unwanted material may be given away or discarded of appropriately.